Much like a competitive athlete, I enjoy a challenge. Unfortunately, I’m not much into working out these days and with Thanksgiving approaching this would would really be a bad time for me to start an exercise or diet pan.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun, instead, to see if I can do something with my blog — like triple my traffic in 30 days. I was thinking I might try to double my traffic, but that doesn’t seem like enough of a stretch. Driving 3x as many visitors, however, seems a bit more exciting.
The other reason I’m doing this is because I get 2-3 calls per week from people who want their website to show up on the front page of Google search results. It’s got me thinking that a lot of people are looking for similar help and it would be fun to challenge myself to do the same on my lower ranking keyword phrases. The goal is to have a great set of resources and case studies compiled by the end of this challenge to share with my clients.
To do this, we should to establish a few ground rules:
- I’ll share traffic stats from Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools as needed. This may include #’s or a few screenshots and definitely plenty of discussion. I need to be completely transparent with you so that we both may learn along the way.
- I don’t have a master plan. This challenge isn’t premeditated. I came up with the idea today as I was finally integrating my Google Adsense, Analytics and Webmaster Tools accounts. I discovered some interesting traffic patterns and wanted to dedicate some time to fully understand the complete picture.
- I’ll explore both on-page and off-page SEO strategies, plus some social media and back linking tactics. There is no silver bullet and I want to explore all my options to drive traffic. I’ve already done much of the leg work, but it’s really been a couple years since I really took a deep dive into my SEO. So much has changed!
- I’ll share as much as I can along the way with blog posts, video and some audio. I’ll use the category 30 day traffic challenge with all my content so you might want to subscribe to that feed now if you want to follow along.
- I need your help and input so please feel free to leave comments on my blog, my YouTube channel, on Twitter and Facebook.
- Everything I learn and share is free information. No strings attached. I’ll probably have a few ebooks along the way and those will yours to keep as well.
- I may include links to products for which I receive commission, also referred to as affiliate products. I only do this with products I use, trust and would recommend to my closest friends.