I met with a couple of seasoned business managers today to discuss business strategy and marketing plans to support long term growth.
On the surface it mostly boiled down to a series of questions that we as business owners must all ask ourselves.
7 Key questions to ask yourself as a business owner
- What differentiates my business from the competition?
- What percent of my time is spent on marketing vs. operations?
- Where do I see my business in 3 months, 1 year and 3-5 years down the road?
- What’s my exit strategy?
- What’s my marketing & communications strategy?
- What’s my ideal customer look like?
- How will I manage growth and what resources are required to support change?
There are other important questions (lots more) but you get the idea.
Asking these tough questions on a regular basis helps reaffirm your purpose and mission as a business owner. Simply getting more clients, creating more products, and hiring more people is not enough.
What do you think? What other questions should we as business owners ask ourselves on a regular basis?