I read this recent blog post from John Jantsch at Duct Tape Marketing and immediately thought of the strong connections that local Charlottesville businesses have made through the use of social media.
- cross-promotions and partnerships between businesses that would not otherwise cross paths
- instant referrals for business services online vs. the yellow pages
- Twitter and Facebook images on the local news – nearly real-time
- monthly tweetups where local folks connect offline
- social media club meetings
- and more … (what did I miss?)
Using social media to grow your local business is one of the most powerful marketing tactics going right now. Think about it, you’ve already established a level of trust in a community and now you can use technology to help build deeper engagement and deeper relationships with the folks that you already do business with.
What do you think? Is social media an effective marketing tactic for local business growth?