As with any new initiative or project, you’ll need a certain level of commitment to get going with affiliate marketing. This is not a sprint … it’s more of a marathon. Spend a few minutes right now and decide how much time per week you can dedicate to affiliate marketing. I recommend an hour every few days to get started.
If you spend 3-4 hours per week on affiliate marketing on a regular basis you can really accomplish a lot. I understand you’ll be excited at first and want to spend more time up front so let’s take a look at what the entire process includes.
- Define your marketing niche. In this exercise you will explore which products you want to promote. It may be something you love or already have a website for … or it may be something completely new.
- Find products to sell. Now that you have a market in mind, it’s time to find products that have affiliate program so you can make some money. Don’t worry, there are tons of options out there!
- Setup your website. Now we take a moment to register your domain and purchase a web hosting package. It’s not as scary as it sounds and I’ll explain exactly what to do and why you need to do it.
- Drive traffic. You have products on your website and now it’s time to learn how to actually get people to visit your site. We don’t want just any old random people though. We want people who might be interested in buying your affiliate products.
- Track results. In an ongoing effort to improve your affiliate marketing performance, you’ll learn how to track visitor behavior and measure results within specific affiliate marketing programs.
This 5-step process is outlined in detail in my book … you can download that below! Don’t feel too overwhelmed.
So, I’m curious … how many hours a week did you decide to dedicate to affiliate marketing?