Let’s discuss how to generate inbound links with videos for search engine optimization (SEO). Most folks don’t understand how video seo works and once you do, it can serve as a powerful means for driving traffic to your site.
Let’s use YouTube as an example. Here are the steps to optimize your video for inbound links (or backlinks).
- Use you keywords in the Title (1st words if possible)
- Use your keywords in the description
- Use your keywords in the tags (use dashes to keep phrases whole; e.g., “real-estate-strategies”)
- Put your url as the very first item in your description. For example, “htttp://www.mysite.com”. You must include “http” to make the link active.
- Set up a Google Alert for your video title to see the the video spread and inbound links proliferate.
For a good example, check out my Construction Site video on YouTube (over 250,000 views) or watch this quick tutorial on videos seo strategies:
What do you think? If you’re publishing video will this help generate inbound links?