Blogging is a great way to create original content, engage with customers and find new prospects for your business, yet many business people still have yet to make the leap. In this video I discuss six essentials to start an effective blog for free.
The myth is that blogging is difficult and expensive when in fact it’s simple and can be done with no money at all.
I specifically discuss:
- How to get over your fear of blogging (practice and finding a comfortable zone)
- Mapping out your blogging strategy (why you should blog, who’s your audience, and what’s your call to action)
- Picking the right blogging applications or tools (Blogger, WordPress, Weebly)
- Integrating plugins and widgets to increase the usability of your blog
- Syndicating your blog’s RSS feed to get the word out and attract readers
- Connecting with others via social media to drive traffic and a loyal following.
At the end of the day, it’s up to you whether blogging is the right thing to do. In my opinion, the benefits far out way the alternative.
How did you get started blogging? Any additional tips you can share? What else would you like to learn about blogging?