Social media has taken the online world by storm. I don’t need to explain the popularity of Facebook and Twitter. We know that these platforms are the goto place to consume content, connect with others and build relationships. It’s also where we go to get others’ opinions and learn about what’s new. As such, social media a great marketing channel.
Not only are people tuning into social media, search engines are too. For example, Google aggressively indexes content from Google+, Linkedin and YouTube. On Bing, you’ll see search results that include content from Twitter and Facebook, among other social media platforms.
As a marketer, it’s important to understand how you can leverage these social media networks to connect with your audience and promote your affiliate product. Here are a few ways to make this happen:
- Run a Twitter search at search.twitter.com to find people talking about your product or industry. Join the conversation, answer their questions, & point them to helpful resources.
- Login to Facebook and search for Pages that have to do with your topic. Create your own Page and comment on other Pages. Add value to the conversation and help people. Link to your products as needed but don’t be pushy.
- Post questions on LinkedIn to get user feedback related to your industry or product. Answer other people’s questions and provide support for those looking for help. Join a few groups and jump into the conversation. Share links to your website and other resources as needed.
- Join Google+ and post links to your content pages. Search to find people talking about your product or industry. Add them to your circles to build a network of influential friends. Start a Google+ Page for your product and add several links to your content.
The point with all of this is to get your content on the most popular social networks, connect with potential buyers, promote your content and get indexed by the search engines. Overtime you can continue to use these platforms to further grow your network and build your influence online.
Please leave a comment below or on Twitter @steinarknutsen.
- 12 Essential Online Marketing Tools for 2012
- Create a Website in Minutes with a Self-Hosted Wordpress Blog
- How to Get Started with Affiliate Marketing for Passive Income
- Someone Else Wrote Your Blog Last Year
- How to Build a Website to Host Your Podcast
This is a great time to sign up to my newsletter where you'll receive tons of great content only available to my subscribers.